Below are the 2022 Mummers Parade Road Closures and Parking Restrictions. For more information about the Mummers Parade visit the 2022 Mummers Parade Guide.
“Temporary No Parking” signs will be posted beginning on Monday, December 27th, 2021.
Parking restrictions will be in effect until the parades pass and streets are reopened, which varies by location. Vehicles in violation will be relocated – not impounded.
If your vehicle is relocated, please call your local PPD District Headquarters or 3-1-1. Do not call 9-1-1 for towed vehicles.
Please click on each of the below hyperlinks for additional details regarding parking restrictions and road closures:
Monday – December 27th, 2021
Parking is prohibited from 6:00 PM on December 27th, 2021 through 6:00 PM on January 2nd, 2022, on the east side of 15th St from JFK Blvd to S Penn Sq.
Tuesday – December 28th, 2021
Two eastbound travel lanes on 15th St closed from JFK Blvd to S Penn Sq from 7:00 AM on December 28th, 2021 through 7:00 AM on January 2nd, 2022 for equipment load-in and staging. 15th St may be closed completely for short intervals during this timeframe.
Wednesday – December 30th, 2021
Parking is prohibited from 6:00 PM on December 29th, 2021 through 6:00 PM on January 2nd, 2022, on the west side of 15th St from Arch St to Ranstead St. Street/sidewalk vendors will not be permitted to park in this area during this timeframe.
Thursday – December 30th, 2021
15th St will be closed to southbound traffic at JFK Blvd on December 30th, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM for equipment delivery and setup.
Friday – December 31st, 2021
Parking is prohibited on the following streets from 4:00 AM on December 31st, 2021 through 6:00 PM on January 1st, 2022:
- Market St from 15th St to 21st St (both sides)
- JFK Blvd from Juniper St to 20th St (both sides)
15th St will be closed to vehicular traffic from JFK Blvd to Market St from 10:00 AM on December 31st, 2021 through 5:00 AM on January 2nd, 2022
Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 15th St to 16th St from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM on December 31, 2021. At 3:00 PM, Market St will re-open and traffic will be permitted to travel eastbound on Market St to 15th St and continue southbound on 15th St.
Saturday – January 1st, 2022
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 3:00 AM on January 1st, 2022 through the conclusion of the parade:
- 15th St from Arch St to Chestnut St
- Market St from 15th St to 16th St
Broad St will be closed to vehicular traffic from S Penn Sq to Washington Ave on January 1, 2022, beginning at 7:00 AM through the conclusion of the parade.
Vehicular traffic will not be permitted to cross Broad St while the parade is in progress. Delays can be expected during the course of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes and allowing for extra driving time in areas near the event. Those driving should also refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow, and is illegal.
Additional Parking Restrictions on January 1st, 2022 from 2:00 AM-6:00 PM (both sides of the street unless noted):
- Broad St from Arch St to Ellsworth St
- Juniper St from JFK Blvd to S Penn Square (east side)
- S Penn Square from Juniper St to 15th St
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th St to 20th St
- North side of Logan Circle
- N Broad St from Cherry St to JFK Blvd
- 16th St from Chestnut St to Race St
- 17th St from Ben Franklin Parkway to Ludlow St
- 18th St from Race St to Ludlow St
- 19th St from Ben Franklin Parkway to Chestnut St
- 19th St from JFK Blvd to Market St
- 1500 block of Ranstead St
- 1300 block of Carpenter St
- 1000 block of S 13th St
- Chestnut St from 15th St to 18th St (north side)
- Cherry St from 15th St to 17th St
- Arch St from 15th St to 17th St
- Washington Ave from 12th St to 18th St