Mummers Parade Road Closures
Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019:
Starting at 7 a.m., two lanes of 15th Street from JFK Boulevard to South Penn Square will be closed for equipment load-in and staging. The closure will be in place until 7 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020. 15th Street could also be closed intermittently for short intervals.
Monday, Dec. 30, 2019:
Southbound 15th Street will be closed at JFK Boulevard from 10 a.m. to noon for equipment delivery and setup.
Tuesday Dec. 31, 2019:
Starting at 10 a.m., 15th Street will be closed from JFK Boulevard to Market Street. The closure remains in place until 7 a.m. on Jan. 2.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Market Street will be closed between 15th and 16th streets.
Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020:
From 3 a.m. until the event conclusion, Market Street from 15th to 16th streets and 15th Street from Arch to Chestnut streets will be closed.
From 7 a.m. until the event conclusion, Broad Street from South Penn Square (parade route) to Washington Avenue will be closed.
“Vehicular traffic will not be permitted to cross Broad Street while the parade is in progress,” the city said. “Delays can be expected during the course of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Those driving should also refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow, and is illegal.”
Mummers Parade Parking Restrictions
Friday, Dec. 27, 2019:
Starting at 6 p.m., no parking will be allowed on the east side of 15th Street between JFK Boulevard and South Penn Square. The closure continues through 6 p.m. on Jan. 2.
Sunday, Dec. 29, 2019:
Starting at 6 p.m., no parking will be allowed on the west side of 15th Street from Arch Street to Ranstead Street. The closure continues through 6 p.m. on Jan. 2. No sidewalk vendors will be allowed during that time.
Tuesday Dec. 31, 2019:
No parking from 4 a.m. on Monday through 6 p.m. Wednesday, on Market Street from 15th Street to 21st Street and JFK Boulevard from Juniper Street to 20th Street.
Parking Restrictions on Jan. 1, 2020:
Temporary “No Parking” zones are in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Both sides of street unless noted):
- Broad Street from Arch Street to Ellsworth Street
- Juniper Street from JFK Boulevard to South Penn Square (east side)
- South Penn Square from Juniper Street to 15th Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to 20th Street
- North side of Logan Circle
- North Broad Street from Cherry Street to JFK Boulevard
- 16th Street from Chestnut Street to Race Street
- 17th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Ludlow Street
- 18th Street from Race Street to Ludlow Street
- 19th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Chestnut Street
- 19th Street from JFK Boulevard to Market Street
- 1500 block of Ranstead Street
- 1300 block of Carpenter Street
- 1000 block of South 13th Street
- Chestnut Street from 15th Street to 18th Street (north side)
- Cherry Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Arch Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Washington Avenue from 12th Street to 18th Street
If you plan on driving into town for the parade, the city has a list of available paid lots nearby the route.
SEPTA’s Regional Rail lines, Broad Street Line subway and Market-Frankford Line subway can be used to access Center City. SEPTA will be on a Sunday Schedule for Jan. 1.
SEPTA will be detouring the following bus lines that utilize the area near City Hall on Dec. 31: 4, 16, 17, 27, 31, 32, 33, 44, 48, 124 and 125. Most of the detours begin at 10 a.m.
On Jan. 1, the following SEPTA bus routes will be detoured (Times vary): 2, 4, 9, 12, 16, 17, 21, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 40, 42, 44, 45, 48, 49, 64,124 and 125.